Date:      Sat, 04 Oct 2003 04:27:29 -0500
From:      "David Witt" <dadolfwitler@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   BSD Question

I'm a Unix newbie who just installed BSD 5.1.  I made it through the
installation without too much of a hassel and I went ahead and added XFree86
in the installation, along with the BSD Boot Manager since I'm dual booting
with Windows.  I have a 40 gig HD for Windows then I have 2 separate 120 gig
HD raided in 0 config for BSD.  The boot manager is installed with the rest
of BSD on the raid but when it loads and I go to pick, both options boot to
BSD.  F1 is labeled FreeBSD and F5 is labeled Drive 1, which I was under the
illusion should be windows but it turns out its not.  When I boot into BSD,
it leads me to a text based login screen, how do I get KDE to function.
Thank you in advance.

David Witt

Get McAfee virus scanning and cleaning of incoming attachments.  Get Hotmail
Extra Storage!   http://join.msn.com/?PAGE=features/es