Date:      Fri, 29 Apr 2005 00:55:41 +0100
From:      Alex Zbyslaw <xfb52@dial.pipex.com>
To:        Emanuel Strobl <Emanuel.strobl@gmx.net>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: groff alternative?

Emanuel Strobl wrote:

>In case of cat pages it does, but like I wrote I want to be able to add
>packages and read their man pages without having to involve any other
>machine. So there's no way arround a lean *roff...

Since no-one had a sensible answer, why not try a version of original
nroff from say 4.3BSD.  Hunting around, I found this:
http://www.tuhs.org/.  Hopefully the most used macros will have stayed
the same.  You'd need to grab usr.src and I'm sure it would need some
tweaking...  depends just how much you care, I guess.

--Alex