Date:      Mon, 16 Mar 1998 10:56:30 +0000
From:      nik@iii.co.uk
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        spork <spork@super-g.com>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG, jfieber@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Help! Upgrade 2.2.5-RELEASE to 2.2-STABLE.

On Sat, Mar 14, 1998 at 04:05:38PM -0800, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:
> > I think one thing that would help would be a better search engine.
> > Sometimes the one that exists can be a real beast, especially when looking
> > for a question you've seen answered.  I don't mean to slight whomever is
> > responsible for putting it together...
>
> That'd be John Fieber, and I believe he's made any number of public
> requests for help in his quest for a better search engine.

Wilma (Web Interface to List Mail Archives)

   <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/majordomo/#wilma>;

Discovered this on Friday. Is basically a Perl interface to a Glimpse search
of MHonArc converted mailing lists. Both Glimpse and MHonArc are in the
ports collection.

The only gotcha is that it has no provision for running a search across
multiple mailing lists simultaneously. For that you need to write some
code. Oh, and the HTML for the search interface is embedded in the code,
rather than being in a template somewhere.

I'm going to try and decouple the interface from the code over the next
couple of weeks anyway, although right now the DocBook DTD migration for
the Handbook (and freebsd-maintainers tasks) take most of my available
FreeBSD time at the moment.

Work: nik@iii.co.uk                       | FreeBSD + Perl + Apache
Rest: nik@nothing-going-on.demon.co.uk    | Remind me again why we need
Play: nik@freebsd.org                     | Microsoft?