Date:      Sat, 18 Nov 2000 11:34:39 +0100
From:      Manuel Enrique Garcia Cuesta <megarcia@intercom.es>
To:        Eirik Apeland <eapeland@c2i.net>
Cc:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: ipfw question

	Eirik,

=== Eirik Apeland escribia
(Fri, Nov 17, 2000 at 11:34:09PM +0100):

> Hi.
>
> I'm running a "simple" firewall with the rc.firewall script, and have
> added a few lines of my own to it.
>
> I have a dailup connection to my ISP, so I can't use a "real"
> IP for my ISDN card.
>
> Anyone know how to implement the IP I'm getting from my ISP
> into my ipfw rules?

	Unless somebody shows up with a better idea, I think your
best chance is using the interface name instead of the external IP
address (whenever it's involved ) in your rules. Your success will
probably depend on what exactly you want to achieve, though.

> ex.
>
>         # set these to your outside interface network and netmask and ip
>         oif="isp0"
>         onet="0.0.0.0"
>         omask="255.255.255.0"
>         oip="0.0.0.1"
>
>         # set these to your inside interface network and netmask and ip
>         iif="xl0"
>         inet="10.0.0.0"
>         imask="255.255.255.0"
>         iip="10.0.0.10"
>

>         # Stop spoofing
>         ${fwcmd} add deny all from ${onet}:${omask} to any in via ${iif}
>
> This rule will be all wrong as it is today.

	In my personal case I have commented out this rule; I trust
nobody in the internal network (namely: me) will pretend to have an IP
address other than the ones the administrator (namely: me) has
assigned.

> Hope you understand what I'm after here :)

	Hope this helps

> Regards
> Eirik

				Manuel Garcia