Date:      Sat, 27 Jun 1998 11:52:33 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Malte Lance <malte@webmore.com>
To:        Britton Johnson <johnson@lindenwood.edu>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: Problem with sendmail/MX settings

You built a loop !:
home.macross.net is the mailexchanger for macross.net, NOT the receiver
for mail adressed to macross.net.
So the mail goes:
 ... -> home.macross.net (machine thinks: i am not macross.net, so pass that
                          mail to macross.net on to the MX)
     -> home.macross.net looks up the MX and finds: home.macross.net
BOOOM.

What to do:
Either add

> macross.net.        IN      NS      ns.macross.net.
> macross.net.        IN      NS      ns1.macross.net.
macross.net     IN A 199.217.200.32

to your DNS-config or

let sendmail do the work:

Cwmacross.net
(in /etc/sendmail.cf)

or

Fw-o /etc/sendmail.cw
(in /etc/sendmail.cf AND edit /etc/sendmail.cw to contain macross.net)

Malte.

E-Mail: Malte Lance <malte@webmore.com>