Date:      Thu, 7 Dec 2000 08:35:20 +0100
From:      Burbaickij Ariel <Ariel.Burbaickij@erl9.siemens.de>
To:        "'wpaul@FreeBSD.ORG'" <wpaul@freebsd.org>
Cc:        "'freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org>
Subject:   AW: Information I was requested for

-----Urspr=FCngliche Nachricht-----
Von: wpaul@FreeBSD.ORG [mailto:wpaul@FreeBSD.ORG]
Gesendet am: Mittwoch, 6. Dezember 2000 23:57
An: Ariel.Burbaickij@erl9.siemens.de
Cc: freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Betreff: Re: Information I was requested for

>   xe0 at port 0x240-0x24f iomem 0xd0000-0xd0fff irq 5 slot 0 on =
pccard0
>   xe0: Compaq CE3 , bonding version 0x45 , 100Mbps capable
>   xe0: DingoID =3D 0x44b , RevisionID =3D 0 , VendorID =3D 0
>   xe0: Ethernet address 00:08:c7:0c:7c:b6
>   /etc/pccard_ether: not found

Alright, so this is a Xircom PCMCIA card with a Compaq label on it. =
There
are two possible problems (and I'm guessing here since I didn't write =
this
driver):

1) The media is set wrong, and you need to specify the right media
   using ifconfig options when sysinstall asks you.
   =20
   Media is not set wrong because it was not set at all. It was DHCP
   task to provide whatever neccesary.It failed.

2) Some other device is using IRQ 5 on your machine. You need to either
   turn off whatever hardware is using IRQ 5, or convince FreeBSD to
   assign a different IRQ to the card.

   No other device is using IRQ 5 (besides even if . Why I was not =
informed
about it?
   Why was irq 5 choosen by system silently without warning me? I guess =
it
is not
   so desperately hard to find whether the irq is already used or not)=20

   So I do not see any senseful suggestions so far.=20

  =20

-Bill=20