Date:      Sat, 1 Apr 2000 15:55:19 +0300
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
To:        "James P. Brewster" <James@virtual-net.net>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Relaying Mail

[ moved thread to -questions where this posting is more appropriate ]

On Fri, Mar 31, 2000 at 04:07:03PM -0800, James P. Brewster wrote:

| This works well but every time I send an email with an address that
| doesn't exist in my files it will deny the relay.  How can I just
| configure sendmail to relay everything?  There has got to be a better
| more efficient way of doing this.  Thanks James

You don't mean, relay EVERYTHING, as in "relay all my own domains, and
all those that spammers might ever use"..  I certainly hope not.

It's not a good idea to relay anything that passes through your
machine's smtp ports.  However, if you want anyone to be allowed to send
mail using your sendmail setup, then add to your /etc/hosts.allow:

	sendmail: ALL: ALLOW

and then generate your sendmail.cf once more with the promisquous_relay
feature enabled.  For more information on relaying in sendmail, take a
look at /usr/src/contrib/sendmail/cf/README.

- Giorgos Keramidas