Date:      Tue, 22 Jul 2008 17:29:48 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Warren Block <wblock@wonkity.com>
To:        x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   moused/7-STABLE (was Re: Slow switch from console to X with 7.x?)

After updating to 7-STABLE today, the mouse no longer worked in X.
That was without moused.  Enabling moused solved that problem, although
then you're running moused.

The reason I'm tacking this onto the "slow switch to X" thread is that
it seems to be affected by moused.  With moused enabled, switching from
console to X is as fast as ever.

There's some interaction between the system, moused, hald, and X that's
unclear to me.  Seems like X shouldn't need moused.  Also seems like
moused shouldn't affect the switch from console to X.  Some odd
interaction with hald, maybe.