Date:      Tue, 15 Jun 1999 18:26:27 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Gerald Pfeifer <pfeifer@dbai.tuwien.ac.at>
To:        Raymond Wiker <raymond@orion.no>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Linux not FreeBSD?

On Tue, 15 Jun 1999, Raymond Wiker wrote:
> Not *all* applications run under the Linux emulation.

...and not all are trivial to install.

Personally I believe that complete and transparent (concerning
installation) emulation in -RELEASE are a most important feature
to prevent sites like mine from migrating to Linux if users push
stronger and stronger.

Note, this a not flame, rather a report from someone who has had
to defend FreeBSD repeatedly.

> Is there a mailing list/forum for discussing the Linux emulation under
> FreeBSD?

emulation@freebsd.org, http://www.freebsd.org/ has the details on how
to subscribe etc.

Gerald