Date:      Tue, 12 Mar 2002 17:07:38 -0500 (EST)
From:      Robert Watson <rwatson@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.freebsd.dk>
Cc:        Garance A Drosihn <drosih@rpi.edu>, Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>, Harti Brandt <brandt@fokus.gmd.de>, Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>, arch@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Increasing the size of dev_t and ino_t

On Tue, 12 Mar 2002, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:

> You know, I find it rather theoretical what to do with the udev_t
> if(&when) it gets expanded to 64 bits, in particular considering that we
> appearntly have no active maintenance of AFS in FreeBSD at all...

That's actually not quite the case.  The KTH Arla project actively
maintains Arla for FreeBSD, but they do so against the -STABLE branch.  I
ran Arla for several years, I just don't live in an AFS-centric
environment anymore.  This is quite similar for KTH's support for
Kerberos.  Also, there has been an active porting project to bring OpenAFS
to FreeBSD.  Chasing -CURRENT and our VFS is just difficult :-).