Date:      Fri, 09 Sep 2005 11:55:40 -0700
From:      Maksim Yevmenkin <maksim.yevmenkin@savvis.net>
To:        Kurt Jaeger <lists@c0mplx.org>
Cc:        freebsd-bluetooth@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 3Com PCMCIA 3CRWB6096B ?

Kurt,

>>Had anyone luck with the 3Com PCMCIA 3CRWB6096B under fbsd 5.4p6 ?
>>
>>I've put the dmesg output of my experiment with it on
>>http://c0mplx.org/backup/status-btccc0
>
> One thing: I added
>
>                   PCMCIA_CARD(3COM, 3CRWB6096B, 0),
>
>   /usr/src/sys/netgraph/bluetooth/drivers/bt3c/ng_bt3c_pccard.c
>
> to force the detection as btccc0. Before that, it was always
> detected as sio5, but rc.bluetooth would not be able to
> use that if I used
>
>   rc.bluetooth start sio5

did the card work after your changes?

from what i know there are at least two versions of the 3com bluetooth
card. i just tries mine and got

pccard0: CIS version PC Card Standard 5.0
pccard0: CIS info: 3COM, 3CRWB60-A, Bluetooth PC Card
pccard0: Manufacturer code 0x101, product 0x40

so the card i have is apparently version 1 card (product id 0x40), and
according to your dmesg

pccard1: CIS version PC Card Standard 7.1
pccard1: CIS info: 3Com, 3CRWB6096B Bluetooth PC Card, ,
pccard1: Manufacturer code 0x101, product 0x41

so it looks like you have version 2 (or other?) card - product id 0x41.

ng_bt3c(4) driver was only tested with version 1 card (the one i have -
product id 0x40). i do not own other version(s) of the card. if you
could please tell me how to identify the card i can try to find and
purchase it locally.

you could also try to look at linux bluez mailing lists and try to
figure out what is the difference between version 1 and version 2 cards.

thanks,
max