Date:      Wed, 22 Feb 1995 15:47:29 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@freefall.cdrom.com>
To:        Garrett Wollman <wollman@halloran-eldar.lcs.mit.edu>
Cc:        Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@ref.tfs.com>, current@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: TRUE and FALSE

> <<On Wed, 22 Feb 1995 14:09:32 -0800 (PST), Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@ref.tfs.co
m> said:

> > Since we want (as a medium term goal) to have our source compile
> > without reference to /usr/include, then we will not need the
> > links, and we can safely and decisively remove the SHARED!=copies
> > case.
>
> This loses badly for people who develop kernel-dependent software
> which is not part of FreeBSD.  (Like me.)

What??  Surely you're not arguing for our sources continuing to assume
an outside hierarchy for compilation?  This is just bogus, it's always
been bogus (to say nothing of error-prone) and continuing to
promulgate it just to favor a very small minority of folks is
something I'll fight tooth and nail.  Hopefully, this is not what
you're arguing for! :-)

					Jordan