Date:      Mon, 20 Jan 1997 18:31:29 -0500 (EST)
From:      Keith Leonard <keithl@wakko.gil.net>
To:        Zahemszky Gabor <zgabor@CoDe.hu>
Cc:        FreeBSD questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Vi and mapping keys

Hang my head in shame,

my problem with mapping was that I brought over from another OS the .exrc
file without thinking that the termcap for the other was different (I mean
I knew it - just didn't extend the thought far enough)

Once I tried ':map <^v>..the function key I wanted...the function to
map' I saw at once that the code was different for that key. Problem
solved - much to my relief and shame.

sorry for the bother - Thanks to all for their help

Keith
keithl@wakko.gil.net