Date:      Fri, 18 Feb 2000 00:38:39 -0500 (EST)
From:      Will Saxon <saxonww@ufl.edu>
To:        Mikhail Teterin <mi@kot.ne.mediaone.net>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: good network card (xl0 packet dropping)

Really, if you want a great netowrk card, there are only a couple of
options. I prefer Intel por/100 cards, I have 3 82557 based ones
(pro/100B) that work great; the newest 82559 based cards (pro/100+
management) go for like $40 and are very very good.

I think 3Com has some new cards that may raise the bar again, but given
your problems with them you may want to try something else.

FWIW I have two linksys LNE-100TX cards that "work." Havent epxerienced
drops or anything bad but then again, they arent under heavy use
either.

Really if you can afford it you should look at the Intel ones.

-Will