Date:      Thu, 15 Jul 2004 10:28:39 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Steve Bertrand" <iaccounts@ibctech.ca>
To:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Submitting patches

I've been tracking some doc pr's, and am a little confused as to how to
submit patches.

I am just following the handbook for now, as I have no idea how to write
manual pages, but don't exactly understand proper procedure for actually
making a contribution.

In the pr list, can I just find something I'd like to fix, then send the
patch to the list, or do I submit it through send-pr?

If someone else has already taken responsibility for a pr, is it deemed
offensive if I submit my own patch even if the pr is still 'open'?

I'm very excited about making an initial contribution, however, I want to
ensure I follow proper order as to not offend anyone, and make it as easy
as possible for everyone.

Tks,

Steve