Date:      Mon, 6 Apr 1998 20:19:35 +0400
From:      "Eugene Radchenko" <genie@qsar.chem.msu.su>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        "Alex" <garbanzo@hooked.net>, <ache@nagual.pp.ru>, <scsi@FreeBSD.ORG>, <current@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: SCSI errors with latest -current

Hi Jordan,

Don't (and did not) mean any flame, but if you had read my messages, you
would know that they were not about 'Hey do fix this yesterday!'. I just
asked someone (you know, not every user of the system has the expertise and
time and a free machine to be SCSI hacker) to at least explain what this
error means and what (in general terms) might be causing it and are there
any ways to overcome this. The list archive search shows that this problem
pops up every now and then, but I have seen no positive analysis except 'it
should have been fixed in the previous version already'.

I was disappointed not by the not-fixing of the problem (though I would
appreciate seeing it fixed as the server dying in the middle of the night
during backup is not a pleasant view for sysadmin). What gave me the
unpleasant surprise was the complete indifference of readers (quite unusual
for the FreeBSD _community_).

Yours                        Genie