Date:      Mon, 5 Oct 1998 05:41:20 +0200
From:      Neil Blakey-Milner <nbm@rucus.ru.ac.za>
To:        Nathan Dorfman <nathan@rtfm.net>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD3.0-BETA crash!

On Sun 1998-10-04 (20:58), Nathan Dorfman wrote:
> be something local, but when make world hits secure/lib/libcrypt, it blows
> up. I haven't been able to make it blow up without using make world no
> matter how I tried so I actually gave up and ran the last few make worlds
> with -DNOCRYPT. But while we're on the subject, perhaps someone can identify
> what may be set to cause the problem:
>
> ===> lib/../secure/lib/libcrypt
> "Makefile", line 8: Malformed conditional (${BINFORMAT} != elf)
> "Makefile", line 11: if-less else
> "Makefile", line 11: Need an operator
*snip*

> Like I said, it compiles fine any which way I try it, but when make world
> does it, it dies. *sigh*

Had the same problem this morning - cvsup'ing src-crypto, src-secure, and
src-eBones seemed to fix things.  Of course, I hadn't made world or cvsup'd
in at least a month and a half; it's probably something to do with the way
ELF was thought to be implemented, and it wasn't implemented that way.

Anyway, try that out, it worked for me.

Neil
--
Neil Blakey-Milner