Date:      Tue, 27 Aug 2002 23:27:44 +0100
From:      Mark Murray <mark@grondar.za>
To:        Ju Ichi <freebsd-security@ichi.net>
Cc:        freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Administrivia: Discussion - Making this list subscriber-only

> Ok.  Just to clarify, are you saying I *did* add to the noise?  I'm still
> unclear as to what, if any, questions are legitimate.

Whether you did or did not, I do not care right now.

Blaming individuals is not what I'm after.

> > Wanna contribute? :-)
>
> Sure.  I'll help if I can.  Bear in mind, I'm new to the list and fairly new
> to FreeBSD for that matter.

OK - If you see a question, please reduce the question to its most
general form, and supply both the question and the answer to the
DOCS folks for committing.

<example>
On lists:
   HEY D00DZ, L1KE, WH|CH IS, LlKE, B3ZT, L1NUX 0R, L1KE 8SD????!!!
Your submission:
   Q: "Which is best, FreeBSD or Linux?"
   A: "Well, it depends. Which best suits your purpose... "
</example>

See what I mean? :-)

> One other thing, (and not to stir anything up, but) do you mean FAQs from the
> list?  If so, that should mean that people ask questions on the list.
> Correct?  :-)

Any question that is asked more than once and that annoys you (joke!)
is an FAQ. Useful non-security FAQ's can be handed over to the DOCs folks
for safekeeping :-).

o       Mark Murray
\_
O.\_    Warning: this .sig is umop ap!sdn