Date:      Mon, 7 Aug 2000 00:17:02 -0500 (EST)
From:      Maelmord <maelmord@impweb.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Xwrapper: no modules loaded for 'xserver' service

Greetings,

After a fresh install of 4.1R today I am having a few problems.

  - % startx
	 XWrapper: no modules loaded for 'xserver' service
	 Authentication failed - cannot start X server
	 Perhaps you do not have console ownership?

 Am unsure how to resolve this issue.. I checked through www.freebsd.org, and did a search on metacrawler for
 a substring of that message. Two results were found, one dead link, and one korean page
 (http://www.kr.freebsd.org/FAQ-kr/28.html)

  - /stand/sysinstall behaves oddly. When I use the arrow keys sysinstall exits and types a 'B' for down..
	 what term settings are wrong?

  - vi isn't fond of arrow keys as well, generating nothing but beeps. Sure, I can still use hjkl, but prefer
    not to

Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.. some  of them are most likely simplistic, but they are escaping me.

--Chris