Date:      Fri, 26 Sep 2003 16:24:14 -0400
From:      Adam McLaurin <blueeskimo@gmx.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: make makesum build deinstall reinstall ???

--=-9a8IDzJX/sLRpvlAPToh

On Fri, 2003-09-26 at 15:58, Jim Flowers wrote:
> It worked great but now I would like to know more about this method.  Are=
=20
> these targets documented somewhere?  Are there limitations/dangers/gotcha=
s=20
> to watch out for?  I like to use the latest stable version of application=
s=20
> but the port is often 1 or more versions back.

man 7 ports
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/porters-handbook/index.htm=

Using makesum is generally discouraged for the end-user, as checksum
verification is there as a safety precaution (to make sure you don't end
up with some tampered/modified tarball).=20

--=20
Adam McLaurin <blueeskimo@gmx.net>

--=-9a8IDzJX/sLRpvlAPToh

--=-9a8IDzJX/sLRpvlAPToh--