Date:      Sat, 02 Nov 2002 15:43:59 -0500
From:      Robert Withrow <witr@rwwa.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   How do you cause FreeBSD to automatically suspend?

Hi:

I have a Dell Inspiron 5000E running 4.7R with APM enabled in the kernel.  I
have apm and apmd enabled in rc.conf.  I can successfully suspend using zzz,
and the system unsuspends successfully (even in X, which is great!)

I want to configure the system to suspend automatically.  I recall that I was
able to do that in 4.5, but I can see how I did it and I haven't yet figure out
the proper googleism to find out.  Doesn't seem to be described in the
handbook.

Is there a howto somewhere?

Thanks!