Date:      Sun, 31 Oct 2004 23:09:36 +0600
From:      baguio_sun <baguio_sun@ms.tusur.ru>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   A question about X

Hi!
I have Freebsd 5.1 installed (never cvsup'ed). Yesterday my box was
running all the day(without rebooting), and during that time i've
installed many of ports(Krusader, Psi, mplayer, and so on). Everything
was fine, but when I booted freebsd today, typed startx, (I'm using
GNOME), I found, that there was only icons of menus, programs, but no
names or inscription. After discovering this problem() I decided to
reinstall X-server with all dependences. So my question is: HOW CAN I DO
THIS? (what steps should I make to deinstall/install? Can I use the
ports tree?)
Or, if you can, you can give me a better way to fix this?
Great thanks for your  time  and attention.

#XFree86 -version
XFree86 Version 4.3.0
Release Date: 27 February 2003
X Protocol Version 11, Revision 0, Release 6.6
Build Operating System: FreeBSD 5.1 i386 [ELF]
Build Date: 24 May 2003
#