Date:      Fri, 10 Nov 2000 11:05:09 -0600 (CST)
From:      Chris Dillon <cdillon@wolves.k12.mo.us>
To:        Mike Bailey <mbailey@edrama.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Exporting out Mac Volumes

On Fri, 10 Nov 2000, Mike Bailey wrote:

> At 05:49 PM 11/10/2000 +1100, you wrote:
>
> >Hiya all,
> >
> >Does anyone have any experience/advice regarding exporting a FreeBSD file
> >system to Apple Mac PowerPC's (running MacOS 9). Any documentation on this
> >would be greatly appreciated. Thanks....
> >
> >Allan Dib.
>
> After Netatalk installation from the ports directory, find the man
> pages under "atalkd".  (I agree...confusing.)  You also need to
> rebuild a kernel with "options NETATALK" in the config file.

You don't NEED to do that, do you?  I'd like to do the same thing,
except over IP and not AppleTalk.  AFAIK MacOS 8 or 8.5 has built-in
ability to mount shares over IP from AppleShareIP servers (and the
like).

-- Chris Dillon - cdillon@wolves.k12.mo.us - cdillon@inter-linc.net
   FreeBSD: The fastest and most stable server OS on the planet.
   For IA32 and Alpha architectures. IA64 and PowerPC under development.
   http://www.freebsd.org