Date:      Thu, 18 Oct 2001 09:47:26 +0200
From:      Hanno Liem <freebsd@dark4ce.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   To jail or not to jail, that is the question

I was wondering if it is wise to use jails for running seperate functions
in: one running the MTA, one for apache, etc. It seems like added security.

On the other hand I wonder if it complicates the system administration of
the box... furthermore I just read an article on Daemonnews about security
vulnerabilities in jail (albeit they do not seem that easy to exploit).

Is anyone here using jails a lot? Care to share your wisdom?

all the best,

Han