Date:      Wed, 14 Jun 2000 15:17:33 -0700
From:      Jim Mock <jim@luna.osd.bsdi.com>
To:        Petr Slansky <slansky@usa.net>
Cc:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD handbook

On Thu, 15 Jun 2000 at 00:11:51 +0200, Petr Slansky wrote:
> Hi friends,

Hi,

> there is a "FreeBSD handbook" at your FTP server in many formats
> (html, pdf, ...). I miss this book on your "iso9660" CD image. There
> is a version of handbook for FreeBSD 4.0 at your FTP server today. I
> cannot find the handbook for older versions of FreeBSD. In the past I
> downloaded version for FreeBSD 3.1, that is why I know that different
> handbooks exist. I was looking for handbook for version 2.2.8 and
> 3.4. Maybe I don't need old version of handbook as version 4.0 is
> valid for older releases too.

There is no ``older version'' handbook.  The handbook is an
ever-changing document -- 4.0 is the latest release, so we try to keep
it up-to-date with that.  It'll say 4.1 on it in July when 4.1 is
released.  Some parts will probably be relevant for older versions..
YMMV.

- jim

--
- jim mock --- berkeley software design, inc --- jim@luna.osd.bsdi.com -