Date:      Thu, 11 Apr 2002 16:19:43 -0700
From:      Dale Morris <dlm@well.com>
To:        Peter Leftwich <Hostmaster@Video2Video.Com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <FreeBSD-Questions@FreeBSD.Org>
Subject:   Re: GNUmakefile ??

* Peter Leftwich <Hostmaster@Video2Video.Com> [2002-04-11 16:10]:
> On Thu, 11 Apr 2002, Dale Morris wrote:
> > I'm trying to install apsfilter via the ports. It's not happening. There's this error message:
> > lymond:/usr/ports/print/apsfilter# make install clean
> > `cat -s GNUmakefile Makefile makefile |& sed -n -e "/No such file/d" -e
> > "/^[^     #].*:/s/:.*//p"`: No match
>
> Have you gotten the latest port files to that directory?  What is lymond?
> I just changed to my /usr/ports/print/apsfilter/ directory and typed `grep
> GNUMake *` and got no results so I don't know where that's coming from.
try GNUmakefile

> It's hard to tell from the line you posted where the carriage returns are.
lymond is the hostname, the prompt lists the directory path, it's the
standard .tcshrc from the tcsh website..
The only carriage return was after "..make install clean", the rest of
the dialogue was returned from the command.

I installed apsfilter from the packages collection but I still haven't
solved the GNUmakefile riddle yet.

thanks for your reply