Date:      Mon, 23 Apr 2001 15:04:02 +0100
From:      Carlos Santos <cajo@mail.pt>
To:        freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD on Alpha Server 2100A

Hi list...

This is my first post to the list.
Sorry if the subject has been in discution here, but i can't find something
to point me in the right way...

We have in our office an Digital Alpha Server 2100A just standing in the
corner, and i would like to make it usefull...

I've been engaged in a battle :-) for almost 3 weeks, trying to install
some kind of Unix in the machine, but without any success. From Linux
(several distros and versions) to NetBSD and FreeBSD (4.2 and 5.0
development) i've tried everything and nothing...

FreeBSD was the one who actually started the kernel, but it hangs
afterwards...

I've read in the archives that the 2100A is a bit different from 2100 and
for what i've looked in the CVS, there's some code to make FreeBSD boot in
the 2100A, right ?

So i need someone to shed some light on me about installing FreeBSD on this
machine, is it possible ?
If needed i can post all the configuration of the machine...

TIA
Carlos Jorge Santos
--
mail.pt - Um mail para todos - em http://mail.pt/