Date:      Wed, 20 Sep 2000 08:35:26 -0500
From:      "Matt Bettinger" <mattb@finsyn.com>
To:        <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   sound and gdk errors

------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C022DD.FDBB4800

Posted this to freebsd questions without much of a response so going to give
it a shot here in hackers..
getting some errors here  have pcm compiled in my kernel and did a make
/dev/snd0 as root.
 still no sound.  snd0 does not even come up in dmesg.

also,  when i shut down X  (using enlightenment and the X server that came
with the 4.1
cd's)  i get the following:

Gdk-Warning **: locale not supported by C library
Gdk-Warning **: locale not supported by C library

Gtk-Warning **: gtk_signal_disconnect_by_data ():could not find handler
containing data
(0x814A00)

as a regular user when I try  'startx'  i get

Fatal Server Error:
xf860open console: Server must be run with root permissions.  Should be
using Xwrapper.
pid 250 (sound properties), uid 0:exited on signal 6 (core dumped)

when i reboot and the kernel loads i get the following message:

local package initialization xinetd[204] : open (/etc/xinetd.conf) failed:no
such file or
directory (errno=2)
xinetd [204]: {init_services} couldn't get confiduration.
Exit xinetd.

----thank you for any insight.  sorry if this is not wrapped right, as i am
using  work
email via the web.

Matt

mail.insync.net

Matthew Bettinger
Financial Synergies,Inc.
1177 West Loop South, Suite 1400
Houston,Texas 77027-9086
www.fwalling.com
713-623-6600
713-623-6771 FAX

------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C022DD.FDBB4800
	filename="Bettinger, Matt (E-mail).vcf"

BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:2.1
N:Bettinger;Matt
FN:Matt Bettinger (E-mail)
ORG:Financial Synergies, Inc.
TEL;WORK;VOICE:+1 713-623-6600
TEL;HOME;VOICE:+1 713-436-3220
TEL;WORK;FAX:+1 713-623-6771
ADR;WORK;ENCODING=3DQUOTED-PRINTABLE:;;1177 West Loop =
South=3D0D=3D0ASuite 1400;Houston;Texas;77027-9086;United State=3D
s of America
LABEL;WORK;ENCODING=3DQUOTED-PRINTABLE:1177 West Loop =
South=3D0D=3D0ASuite 1400=3D0D=3D0AHouston, Texas =
77027-9086=3D0D=3D0AUni=3D
ted States of America
EMAIL;PREF;INTERNET:mattb@finsyn.com
REV:20000616T132045Z