Date:      Thu, 11 Apr 1996 05:31:04 -0500
From:      "Daniel M. Eischen" <deischen@iworks.InterWorks.org>
To:        asami@cs.berkeley.edu, ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Question about Motif

>  * So far so good.  Xmcd-1.4 and 2.0 both worked fine with xmkmf and setting
>  * the LOCAL_LIBRARIES appropriately.
>
> Cool.  I've committed your xmcd upgrade, please apply the patch to
> bsd.port.mk and see if it works.
>
> Satoshi

Just did and it worked great!  I modified the patch file to use ${MOTIFLIB} instead
of -lXm, and the port Makefile to set REQUIRES_MOTIF.  No problems.

I noticed the nedit patch file that was in ports-current/editors/nedit/patches/patch-aa
still had a hardcoded /usr/X11R6/lib/libXm.a instead of ${MOTIFLIB}.  Were you
going to make the appropriate changes to nedit as well?

I really like this new bsd.port.mk Motif method.  Very simple and clean :-)

Dan Eischen
deischen@iworks.InterWorks.org