Date:      Thu, 21 Jun 2001 09:37:10 -0600
From:      "Long, Scott" <scott_long@btc.adaptec.com>
To:        "'Edwin Culp'" <eculp@encontacto.net>, mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: Anyone have any experience with the HP N5470 ?

Not a bad price....

The video is probably a Trident CyberBlade series and may 'just work' with
XF4.1.0, but I suspect you may have to twiddle with the PCI ID numbers in
the driver.

As for sound, HP has been using the ESS Allegro-1 for sound and winmodem
functions for most of the 5xxx series.  If this is still the case, then
sound will work.  If not, then it might not.  The SB compatible mode is just
smoke and mirrors; only with a real driver loaded will the card respond to
the classic SB registers.

In any case, I've been very happy with my HP 5190 and I recommend HP to
anyone looking for a midrange laptop.  Make sure you get a warranty that
covers the battery.

Scott