Date:      Sun, 05 Jul 1998 12:53:31 +0200
From:      Stefan Eggers <seggers@semyam.dinoco.de>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        Joao Carlos Mendes Luis <jonny@jonny.eng.br>, seggers@semyam.dinoco.de
Subject:   Re: accton on a append-only file ?

> // I think it's as easy as adding FAPPEND to the mode.  The only problem

> This worked for me at home.  But since file writing at kernel level
> is somewhat tricky, I'd be a lot more happy if some FS expert verified
> it before commiting.

I was confused by the file not specifying it is appending but that is
handled by the write operation itself.  For my personal machine I'd
say it is correct, but I still have to get a bit more aquainted with
the internal vnode operations used in kern_acct.c to be 100% sure.

> If it's safe, please don't forget -stable, folks.  :)

If they forget it just ask for it.  I think Jordan was it who said to
ask for those patches needed to be transfered to -stable if someone
forgets.

Stefan.
--
Stefan Eggers                 Lu4 yao2 zhi1 ma3 li4,
Max-Slevogt-Str. 1            ri4 jiu3 jian4 ren2 xin1.