Date:      Mon, 07 Jan 2013 19:01:09 -0500
From:      "Andre Goree" <andre@drenet.info>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Bash history empty on login

I'm not sure what's going on, as I've never had an issue like this in my
years of using FreeBSD nor Linux.  Each time I login, my history file is
empty!  I'm not sure what could be causing this, but below [1] is my
.bashrc.  I had ". ~/.bashrc" in ~/.profile, but I removed it while I'm
trying to troubleshoot this issue.  Does anyone have an idea or a
direction to point me in?  Thanks in advance.

[1]#
# ~/.bashrc
#

# If not running interactively, don't do anything
[[ $- != *i* ]] && return

#PS1='[\u@\h \W]\$ '

alias ls='ls -G'
alias ll='ls -lAhp'
alias umount='sudo umount'
alias grep='grep --color'
alias nmap='sudo nmap'
alias updatedb='sudo updatedb'
alias pkg_add='sudo pkg_add'
alias pkg_delete='sudo pkg_delete'
alias top='top -aPStzj -s 1'
alias portinstall='sudo portinstall'
alias updatedb='sudo updatedb'

PS1='\[\e[1;37m\][\u@\h \W]\$\[\e[0m\] '

export PATH=$PATH:/home/agoree/bin:/usr/local/kde4/bin/

#BASH history
export HISTTIMEFORMAT="%h/%d - %H:%M:%S "
export HISTFILESIZE=100000
#export VBOX_USB=usbfs