Date:      Wed, 9 Jan 2002 10:55:33 +0100 (MET)
From:      hm@hcs.de (Hellmuth Michaelis)
To:        Copy Write <copywrite@lyssophobia.ath.cx>
Cc:        freebsd-isdn@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ISDN DoV & FreeBSD 4.3

From the keyboard of Copy Write:
> Hi,
>   I've recently purchased a NETjet-S ISDN PCI card for my home FreeBSD
> gateway. I have a few questions, being new to the list & all, so please
> bare with me.
>
> 1 - Is it possible to use isdnd to get a dual channel (128k) DoV link
> happening in FreeBSD?
>
> 2 - Is it possible to use ppp to get a dual channel (128k) DoV link
> happening in FreeBSD?

1 and 2 are the same things, you need isdnd in all cases to access a
remote side.

DoV is ISDN related, dual channel is PPP related. For dual channel, yes
you can use userland ppp(8) with isdn to get multilink PPP ISDN
connections.

For DoV, i have real no idea. DoV is not used in this side of the world,
at least i know nobody who is using it.

IIRC, there were two patches for i4b posted to this list to make it
support DoV, the first was about 3 month ago and the other was some
days ago.

You might have success of getting DoV to run with one (possibly the
later one) of those patches, you have to try it out and make it work.

hellmuth
--
Hellmuth Michaelis                                    Tel   +49 40 55 97 47-70
HCS Hanseatischer Computerservice GmbH                Fax   +49 40 55 97 47-77