Date:      Thu, 28 Feb 2002 08:51:38 -0700
From:      Lorin Lund <fbsd@wbs-inc.com>
To:        Jolok <joshualokken@attbi.com>, questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Help,  please!

As for Win2k's boot.ini - I don't know what it's capabilities are, whether it
can boot off of slave drive.  It probably can.

As for Boot Easy - an after the fact install from Win2K is probably problematic.
The Boot Easy install program will work from DOS but probably uses BIOS
level disk I/O which Win2K does not allow.

Once booted to FreeBSD you can install the boot manager but I can't tell
you how off the top of my head.

If someone were in the position of having added FreeBSD to a PC that already
has Win2K but didn't choose to install the FreeBSD boot manager during
FreeBSD install and then after the installation process was complete the PC
would only boot Win2K this is what I would try:

Use booteasy.exe from the tools directory of the CD (or by downloading it) to
make a booteasy boot floppy.  I expect Win2K will allow you to do that.  Then
use that boot floppy to get you back into FreeBSD.  Then I would install the
FreeBSD boot manager from there.