Date:      Mon, 16 Mar 1998 11:09:25 +0000
From:      nik@iii.co.uk
To:        Studded <Studded@dal.net>
Cc:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG, doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Help!

On Sat, Mar 14, 1998 at 03:28:56PM -0800, Studded wrote:
> 	Anyway, if people are serious about addressing this problem, point me
> to the right forum and we can start making plans. Like I said, I'd be
> happy to help.

    freebsd-doc@freebsd.org

(to which I've cc'd this message for information)

Go to your favourite list archive and read back through it for the past
month or 2 (alternatively, mail me at nik@nothing-going-on.demon.co.uk and
I'll forward you my own archives).

Precis: A couple of people (myself included) have suggested pretty much
the same thing on the mailing list. No one's yet but together an outline
of how the Handbook should be structured (and as John Fieber's said) the
Handbook has grown quite organically.

Probably the best thing to do would be for you to go through the existing
content in the Handbook (at a fairly high level) and see if the ordering
of the chapters can be improved, or whether or not you think some of the
information should be pulled out and made into its own section (or subsumed
into another, or whatever).

Then get back to the list with the ToC and we can thrash it out. I've got
some of my own ideas for a restructuring, but I haven't had the time to
commit them to the screen yet. If you're prepared to wait a couple of days
(or want to keep pestering me by e-mail until I do it :-) ) I can send
them off to get the ball rolling.

Work: nik@iii.co.uk                       | FreeBSD + Perl + Apache
Rest: nik@nothing-going-on.demon.co.uk    | Remind me again why we need
Play: nik@freebsd.org                     | Microsoft?