Date:      Mon, 10 Sep 2012 22:35:02 -0700
From:      Doug Barton <dougb@FreeBSD.org>
To:        "Julian H. Stacey" <jhs@berklix.com>
Cc:        arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Removing CVS from HEAD

On 09/10/2012 17:27, Julian H. Stacey wrote:
> When/if it's agreed to remove CVS from src/ to ports/ , do it
> Not in un-managed haste.  Not gratuitously annoying users by
> removing CVS from src/ without due warning.

Do you consider years from now "due warning?" Because that's how long it
is going to be before any measurable quantity of users is on 10.x.
Between now and then, every one of them who is paying any attention at
all will have moved from CVS to SVN.

This whole argument of "zomg, users can't handle things moving to ports"
is so 20th century.

Doug

--

    I am only one, but I am one.  I cannot do everything, but I can do
    something.  And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what