Date:      Sat, 18 May 2002 18:21:40 -0400
From:      George Georgalis <george@galis.org>
To:        Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
Cc:        "Morten A. Middelthon" <morten@freenix.no>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Vipul's Razor doesn't like FreeBSD's weekly run output?

On Fri, Apr 19, 2002 at 06:55:50AM +0300, Giorgos Keramidas wrote:
>On 2002-04-18 08:34, Morten A. Middelthon wrote:
>> Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2002 04:16:33 +0200 (CEST)
>> From: BOFH Root <root>
>> To: root
>> Subject: atreides weekly run output
>
>On 2002-04-18 14:10, Morten A. Middelthon wrote:
>> Yes, that will solve the problem. But! Why does these mail trigger
>> Vipul's Razor?
>
>The most likely reason is a ``malformed From: header''.  The header
>doesn't contain a domain part in the <address> of the sender, and this
>is something I've seen spammers (ab)use.  Does Vipul's Razor log the
>rejected messages or reasons for rejecting them anywhere?  You might
>find hints there.

Yes that would be my guess too. malformed header. you should write the Vipul's Razor author about it. A system message shouldn't get caught unless the content is identical each time and someone reported it. I was getting occasional false positives for list postings. I wrote the author and he blacklisted the reporter.

// George

--
GEORGE GEORGALIS, System Admin/Architect    cell: 347-451-8229
Security Services, Web, Mail,            mailto:george@galis.org