Date:      Thu, 18 Mar 1999 20:07:05 -0500
From:      "Chuck O'Donnell" <cao@bus.net>
To:        Kurt Seel <kseel@utcorp.com>
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: buslogic bt958

On Thu, Mar 18, 1999 at 06:21:22PM -0500, Kurt Seel wrote:

> Is the bt 958 still a viable card? I have a couple and would like to
> use them in my webserver. I am looking for _performance_, would I be
> better off with an adaptek 2940UW?
> I want to run a stripe across 2 or 3 cheetah's

I just set up two new servers using the BT-958:

bt0: <Buslogic Multi-Master SCSI Host Adapter> rev 0x08 ...
bt0: BT-958 FW Rev. 5.07B Ultra Wide SCSI Host Adapter, SCSI ID 7, 192 CCBs

I've had some trouble with errors related to the tagged
queuing. Doesn't seem to be a show stopper, as you can add a quirk
entry to abate the problem.

See thread "error messages from bt driver" in the scsi archives (last
week?).

I haven't done any performance testing, I guess I was more interested
in reliability.

On a side note, I've never had a stitch of trouble from the Adaptec
2940's.

Thanks.

Chuck