Date:      Mon, 07 Jun 1999 20:00:50 +0200
From:      "Julian Stacey" <jhs@jhs.muc.de>
To:        "Wilko Bulte" <wilko@yedi.iaf.nl>, "Warner Losh" <imp@harmony.village.org>, "Kenneth D. Merry" <ken@plutotech.com>
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: sea driver - anyone porting from 2.2.8 to 3.?/current ?

Thanks to
	"Kenneth D. Merry" <ken@plutotech.com>
        "Warner Losh" <imp@harmony.village.org>
        "Kenneth D. Merry" <ken@plutotech.com>

For replies to my:
> > Anyone thought about porting the sea driver from 2.2.8 to 3.* ?
> > ( sea adapter is for Seagate ST01/ST02, Future Domain TMC-885, TMC-950 SCSI

> From "Warner Losh" <imp@harmony.village.org>
> To be honest, I don't even think that the CAM team has even seen these
> cards in literally years, and I don't know what kind of hardware docs
> are still available.  Still, it should be possible to port the old sea
> driver to cam if someone had the hardware and the motivation to do
> it...

I have a spare one in a drawer, I could post (OK, my 2 card aren't
quite the same, but nearly),  but yes the motivation is the problem.

> From "Kenneth D. Merry" <ken@plutotech.com>
> All I can say is "where have you been for the past couple of years"??

Ah, well although I read the hatchet wielding plans from the CAM team,
I also read the protests, & found it hard to believe such drastic hatchet
work would actually happen.

BTW Re. docu. I have a box (2 inch thick, PC style) of docu. but it's just
user/DOS stuff, nothing useful; but I was surmising as it ran on 228,
more docu wouldn't be necessary ?
I doubt I'll ever get time to learn the new FreeBSD scsi, so that PC is doomed
to stay 2.2.8, but thanks for taking time to reply folks :-)

Julian
Julian H. Stacey				http://www.freebsd.org/~jhs/