Date:      Fri, 13 Jul 2018 19:12:11 +0200
From:      Bernd Walter <ticso@cicely7.cicely.de>
To:        Warner Losh <imp@bsdimp.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-arm@freebsd.org" <freebsd-arm@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Retiring two more: Atmel and Xscale

On Thu, Jul 12, 2018 at 12:15:02PM -0600, Warner Losh wrote:
> I'd like to retire Atmel and Xscale support prior to 12. The atmel stuff
> has been dodgy for a long time and generally lacks the memory to run
> FreeBSD well. We have no current users of it.

[1]beaver.cicely.de> uname -a
FreeBSD beaver.cicely.de 8.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 8.0-CURRENT #0: Sun Nov 22 07:52:33 CET 2009     ticso@beaver.cicely.de:/mnt2/arm-2009-04-17/head/sys/arm/compile/BEAVER  arm

But yes, I think it is - unfortunately - a dead end with them and if I
ever intend to go for a more recent FreeBSD version I will also change
the hardware.

--
B.Walter <bernd@bwct.de> http://www.bwct.de