Date:      Sun, 23 Mar 2003 22:12:10 -0800
From:      "Lal Manavado" <manavado@frisurf.no>
To:        <FREEBSD-NEWBIES@FREEBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Hard words [was: Dictionary of Terms]

In our considered by not humble opinion, , the example terms provided here
should represent a part of the vocabulary of any speaker of English worth
his salt.

The whole issue, in our view, is inseparable from the fact that some people
lack a sufficient command of English and that defficiency spills over to
every field when such people try to understand the vocabulary of a new area.

We propose that those who find unix terminology dense or obtuse, to take
some pains to enhance their own fluency in that tongue in which the Bard
spake so well, and we venture to wager that would improve their own
perspicacity and perspicuity pertaining to many a thing, FreeBSD included.

hth.

L. M.