Date:      Sat, 17 Jul 2004 03:30:21 -0500
From:      Eric Crist <ecrist@secure-computing.net>
To:        Peter Risdon <peter@circlesquared.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: First time CUPS user, config problems?

On Saturday 17 July 2004 03:17, Peter Risdon wrote:
> Cups installs /usr/local/bin/lp and /usr/local/bin/lpr and leaves
> /usr/bin/lp and /usr/bin/lpr in place. Back these up, symlink the cups
> versions into their places and try again.
>
> If you want to verify you have a properly running Cups before you do
> this, use the web interface (http://localhost:631) to print a test page.
> It ought to work.
>
> HTH
>
> Peter.

Hey Peter,

I tried the web interface, and that's what's not printing test pages.  Do I
need to move these execs before I try to print a test page?

Also, CUPS seems to have munged up my other printer installations pretty
badly, and I don't know what to do to get them back.  I guess I'd rather get
CUPS working right anyways.

Thanks!

--
Eric F Crist

Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry, and the world WILL turn.