Date:      Sun, 15 Oct 2000 05:59:23 GMT
From:      "Simon Jay Villena" <criminull@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   regarding compatability with Laptops. (ie Toshiba)

fair tides to you all.

im pretty much in the "larval stage" of hackerdom,
(as your jargon file implies) :)
and i wanted to learn more abt UNIX

although im a bit worried my hardware wont take it,
currently im using a Toshiba, Model 1555cds
its running an AMD k6 with 350, 32Megs of ram
and its got 'microshaft' in it.

(im so sick of the damn thing, What is a 'Fatal Error' anyway?)
plus im hard up trying to get a UNIX here at school,

anywho, i was wondering if FreeBSD could run on my machine,
and if so, id like to purchase a CDrom copy.

as of now, the only peice of programming
ive done in my life is in C++ (my first formal language)
and i dunno if i need to learn more so i can operate a UNIX.

again, thanks for your time,

cheers.

Lans Villena
hacker-in-training