Date:      Sun, 07 Jun 2015 11:33:15 +0100
From:      Pete French <petefrench@ingresso.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   CARp comatibility between 9 and 10

I have a pair of firewalls running FreeBSD 9 to upgrade
to 10 next week. I know CARp was rewritten, but I was wndering a few
things before I started. Mainly is it possible to have one
machine running 9 and one running 10 with the failover working
between themproperly. The reason I am wondering s that on 10 it appears
you set a VHID per IP address, whereas on 9 it is per interface. I have
multiple IP addresses on the carp interfces on 9, so on 10 can I simply
set them up all with the same VHID, or is that not supported ?

Thanks for any avice which might make Monday morning back in the office
go a bit easier :)

-pete.