Date:      Sun, 12 Jan 1997 23:50:55 -0700 (MST)
From:      Ade Barkah <mbarkah@hemi.com>
To:        eka@werty.wasantara.net.id (Eka Kelana)
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: bug in setsockopt()... ?

Eka Kelana wrote:

>         I wonder if there is anyone here ever experience a bug in
> setsockopt(). I did this when I found the bug:

[...code showing getsockopt() before and after a connect() call
deleted...]

> The two getsockopt() above produced different value of socket buffer
> size. ... the second getsockopt() would produce 17280 bytes. ...

Eka,

I've observed that in FreeBSD, after a connect(), the buffer size
is adjusted according to the MTU of the connecting interface inde-
pendent of the socket buffer high water mark. Perhaps the intent
is to automatically reserve reasonable buffer sizes based on the
interface MTU.

You can set the buffer sizes after the connect(), but it wont
affect the advertised window size.

Regards,

-Ade
Inet: mbarkah@hemi.com - HEMISPHERE ONLINE - <http://www.hemi.com/>;