Date:      Thu, 25 May 1995 03:45:42 +0300
From:      Heikki Suonsivu <hsu@cs.hut.fi>
To:        uc@brian.lunetix.de (Ulrich Callmeier)
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: Proposed p90 hardware configuration

uc@brian.lunetix.de (Ulrich Callmeier) writes:
   you got all the components on one chip. Even Dirk Hohndel from XFree86 core
   team recommended this chipset as the one making fewest trouble, because you
   don't have the problem of varying RAMDACS, clockchips etc.

Ditto here, it seems to be a bargain, 2M card, easy installation, does
32bpp, and seemed reasonably fast.  We didn't get 1280x1024 interlaced mode
working quite right.  We can get it working alone but switching back to any
other mode messes up the screen, it doesn't seem to be returning the modes
correctly.  Other modes seem to work fine.  The card would do 135MHz but
the monitor doesn't so I haven't tried it out.

--
Heikki Suonsivu, T{ysikuu 10 C 83/02210 Espoo/FINLAND,
hsu@cs.hut.fi  home +358-0-8031121 work -4513377 fax -4555276  riippu SN