Date:      12 Feb 96 19:08:52 EST
From:      "Shawn P. Murphy" <74532.1322@compuserve.com>
To:        FreeBSD <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   2.1.0 Boot Problem...

Hi,

I have FreeBSD 2.1.0, and am now having some problems booting up... Here is what
it says...

npx0: INT 16 interface
swapon: /dev/wd0s2b: No such file or directory
Automatic reboot in progress...
/dev/rwd0a: clean. 10401 free (5 frags, 2599 blocks, 0.0% fragmentation)
/dev/wd0s2f: No such file or directory
Can't stat /dev/wd0s2f
Automatic file system check fialed... help!
Enter pathname of shell or RETURN for sh:

<<

I believe that it cannot find any of my other shells, so I hit return, and it
says...

mesg: not found
erase ^H, kill ^U, intr ^C
#

<<

I did recently build a custom kernel, but it has booted several times with it,
so I don't suspect that is the problem.  The only thing I did to chance the
machines's configuration, was take the simms out, in the morning...  I was
thinking of selling them at the computer show, but didn't.  When I got back in
the evening, I put the memory back in, and went to boot up the system... Now
this happens.  The machine boots up and runs fine under Dos/Windows.  Could you
help me figure out what is wrong, and how to fix it?

Thank you!

-Shawn Murphy