Date:      Mon, 03 Dec 2007 08:29:22 +0100
From:      Laurent LEVIER <llevier-lists@argosnet.com>
To:        Nate Lawson <nate@root.org>
Cc:        freebsd-acpi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Power savings on USB Hard drives

Hi Nate,

At 01:15 03/12/2007, Nate Lawson wrote:
>This is outside the realm of acpi.  Have you tried the ataidle ported
>application?
Nope, but HD over IDE power saves normally...

I just have some issues at wake up time where kernel detects HD
errors that do not exist in fact.
This is since I moved from FreeBSD 4.x to 5.x/6.x
I intend to reinstall fully my box when FreeBSD 7.x will be released,
in case this comes from the many updates.

>   It works for most internal drives but I'm not sure how it would
> do over USB.
I'll play with this.

Thanks!

Brgrds