Date:      Thu, 15 May 2003 10:19:52 +0200
From:      Pierrick Brossin <pbrossin@swissgeeks.com>
To:        freebsd-i386@freebsd.org
Subject:   SCSI HD

Hi!

I have a 9Gb IBM SCSI HD on which I can't install FreeBSD.
I'm maybe going to shock some people here but I tried to install both Windows
NT 4.0 workstation and Linux and it worked.

I tried FreeBSD 4.7, 4.8, 5.0 (UFS1 and UFS2) and it always end with a loop
of SCSI BUS resets.

I tried to use another HD to install FBSD to see if it was a cable or SCSI card
problem and actually the installation worked.

Why would FreeBSD fail where Windows and Linux succeed ?!

Regards

--
Pierrick Brossin
IT Employee - Quark Media House Switzerland