Date:      Fri, 10 Jun 2005 10:06:09 -0500
From:      Mark Jones <mark.jones.netins@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: portsdb -uU error

On 6/10/05, Steven Friedrich <FreeBSD@insightbb.com> wrote:
> Anybody else seeing this error?
>

> portsdb -uU
> Updating the ports index ... Generating INDEX.tmp - please wait..Variable
> PKGNAMESUFFIX is recursive.
> =3D=3D=3D> x11-wm/fvwm2 failed
> *** Error code 1
> 1 error
>
> --
> i386 FreeBSD 4.11-STABLE

Yes, I've had the same error, but not specifically "x11-wm/fvwm2
failed", and on 5.4-RELEASE.

cvsup your ports again, then try "portsdb -uU" again.

You could also "portsdb -uF" instead - that will fetch the index from
freebsd.org, instead of building it locally. I think that might
require that you cvsup ports-all, with no exclusions.

--
Mark Jones

(Sorry if you got this twice, Steven, forgot to send it to the list
the first time.)